The title of this not-so-awaited entry is a little bit cliche, but here I am trying to pick up where I have left off, about a year ago. I was in a really dark place, a year ago, and I was not happy, and I did something about it.

I left my work, and my family for studies. Mainly to focus more on myself. To rethink what can I do to make myself happy. Before anything else happens, I remind myself, this is still going to be hard, no matter how I wanna do it, it's gonna be so damn hard, and I need to buckle up, and make sure that a year won't pass through with me doing nothing but feeling regretful, and comparing how things would be if and only if.

I'm right now at USM, and I just registered like two days ago. USM has been... something new, it feels unfamiliar to me, unlike UQ. UQ was my alma mater, and USM, as much as I want to make the best out of the one year that I'll be spending here, making USM a home of mine for a year, it is hard (first hardship coming right up!) to somehow adapt to the changes. I'm always so bad at adapting to changes, but I also believe, it is important for me to do it, still. To move, and make new friends, who in the end would teach me a little thing or two about life.

The registration process was tedious, and a little bit unclear. We weren't given a complete instruction on what should we do, so I couldn't imagine the whole picture. We needed to go back and forth from this building to another, and I was just so grateful that it was all done within a day. The registration process could go a lot better, if they could give us a whole process to run through on paper, together with its locations. But it's okay, it wasn't too bad.

I haven't had the energy to go around the campus on foot. I have the intention to go to class on foot, just because I think it's gonna help me stay active. The campus is soooooo big and huge, like even bigger than UQ. So, perhaps a jog 2-3 times a week should be good, 45 mins jog every time. And I haven't had the chance to go to its Kompleks Sukan. I'll pay that place a visit later.

All was fine. I wasn't as excited as I was when I first arrived at UQ, but I wasn't as homesick either.

Anyways, just to put these goals here:

WHY LIYANA WANTS TO BE AT USM:

1) Get 4.0 and graduate within a year.
2) Find new friends to learn from, and accept new changes, but not to let them define me
3) To be happy, and think about how to be happy in the future
4) To present myself as a more marketable candidate for work later on
5) Learn how to do research, and learn as much as I can

For now, I think this shall work. I might have to come back here again once in a while to remind myself...

Toodles. I'll see you soon.


0 Comments