I wanted to book an appointment with a counselor just now. It turned out that someone cancelled an his/er appointment with the counselor and I got to replace her/im.

Alhamdulillah.

Because I really needed to talk to someone out of my life about how I actually live my life. I need other people's opinions on what should I do.

You know, I'm stressed out. Like really stressed out with my personal life and assignments and such. And I don't know how to handle everything anymore. It had came to a point where everything is tangled and I can't find a way to untangle my life.

Coming here, to Australia is a HUGE transition state. At least to me. Akir used to say, when I'm here, I'd practically become an adult.

And that is partly true.

I don't know if being an adult means that you'll be feeling alone, and left out. Because I feel just that.

Anyways, back to my counseling session. I'm glad that Allah had given me the instinct to seek for help, just at the right time.

Again, Alhamdulillah.

Here's what my counselor told me :

" There are times when you cross paths with other people, and both of you came from different backgrounds and personalities, and you just have to respect their journey (beforehand), and you have to respect yours too. The one you've crossed paths with might not have THAT level of compassion or kindness YET, as that value will develop throughout the journey, but they're getting there. So, there might be certain choices that they've made hurt you, but you just have to respect that because you have no control over their choices. What you have is you and your responsibility and your journey, and it is important that you respect that as well. And there will be time that you learn, as you take other people's feelings into consideration, they might not have done the same for you, but you must learn to try not to be affected by those actions, but never harden your heart. Always be kind to people, but learn to have a bigger heart.

There are also times that you accidentally hurt people with your words, not because you intend to, but because we're all from different backgrounds, and what you have said might trigger something from their past, that they don't want to remember. So don't blame yourself for that. Apologize and do your responsibilities, and if they've chosen what they want to, which is to not forgive you, again, what matters most is to go on with your life,"

I love how she sees things. I mean, I've never seen my life from that perspective and I feel a lot better now, Alhamdulillah. Thanks Allah for this opportunity and the hunch that You've given me.

She also gave me this Serenity Prayer.

" Allah (God), grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference,"

I just love this. :')

Thank you Allah. Thank you.



0 Comments