Umm... hello.

This is an awkward greeting after one whole year of not writing at all. In this blog, I mean. But even in Instagram posts, I have not been very consistent with writing long posts, and I have not been reflecting my life so frequently like how I used to when I was a student in Brisbane. To be honest, this blog had helped me with that aspect of my life.

I have been writing almost all my life. And this one whole year where I somehow was led astray from writing, to be honest, it felt empty. Like I see things happening in my life, but I don't really 'digest' it. Digesting things, processing events in some sorts of way that make my life more meaningful and emm... for the lack of better words, less empty. 

Writing had helped me to cope with a lot of factors in my life. When I was too busy, and I didn't know what to do, I always, or almost always write things out. It helped to straighten all the wrinkles and creases, and aided me to understand the prior things in life. But now, I have no idea what happened. 

Maybe Masters happened and it took that aspect of my life. Or maybe Airil happened, and I have this other way of channeling my feelings other than writing. I just share everything with him, and he's always there to listen to my concerns.

Btw, I'm now married. Just so you know. It still feels somehow surreal. Alhamdulillah, I am happy. So very happy, and grateful.

We are blessed with just enough, Alhamdulillah. We don't have much as I am still not able to secure a good job after Masters, but we are blessed with just enough. We have food on our plates, a roof on top of our heads, cars to ride around with, and let's be real, parents who are supportive.

Hence, why I think I should start writing again. It's going to be weird, but I think when I'm not writing, I'm not living. I go day by day, acknowledging all the blessings I have been bestowed upon, but I don't really feel them, I don't digest them. I just count them.

You know, when people keep on saying to count your blessings? I think what's more important is to feel those blessings. Feel those blessings deep inside you, and realize that you're indeed blessed.

And for me, writing helps me with that. Even for those 5 minutes that I'm writing all of those blessings out.

InsyaAllah you're going to start hearing more from me. But for now, I'll have to say goodbye and see you when I see you (which hopefully soon enough). 

Love,
Liyana

0 Comments