I'm not doing this right. I know. I've been binge-watching SVU since Friday when I have A LOT to do. I don't know, I'm just feeling a lot demotivated at the moment. I even feel so lazy to pray, and I know that's like the worst.

You take care of your relationship with Allah, and Allah will take care of everything for you. I don't know, I used to believe in that, but now I don't really believe in that anymore. I mean, yes, Allah would make it easier, He would show you the way, and when you're more mindful of His presence, you tend to reflect more, and the frequency of you getting out from the track would be a lot lesser. But it doesn't mean that the only thing you gotta do is to pray, and pray, and pray.

If that is the case, ulama's would be the richest man on Earth, but often they are not. Don't get me wrong. Putting yourself closer to Allah is SERIOUSLY NEEDED. Or else, no matter how successful, how rich people think you are, you will never feel content with life. But it also doesn't mean that praying is the only thing that you gotta do. You have to put in some effort, work your ass for something that is worthwhile, that is meaningful.

So reflecting on that, here I am, still binge-watching (listening to) SVU, while getting some work done. You know, when I get myself into this whole Masters' thing, I have (at least I thought so) braced myself, prep-talked to myself, reminded myself that this is gonna be hard, but in the end, it's gonna be worth it. From Chemical Engineering to getting into School of Civil (WHICH IS A LOT DIFFERENT, YES), there are gonna be a few bumps on the road. And we'll get there, nevertheless.

But of course, what is life without a few surprises. What I never thought was: here I am, trying to understand landscaping, and how artificial land covers and canopies would be able to decrease the temperature of urban cities. How we, in Malaysia, maintain these trees, the costing, how do we install them, and trust me, this is like more to town planning, rather than environmental engineering (yes, lol). I guess my dad knows more about this than I do.

So I'm just gonna take this one step at a time. Hence, here are the goals for today:

1) Getting 20 journals read, and highlighted and taken note of
2) Praying early on-time
3) Homework on those Chemical Reviews exercises

When they say Masters is all about integrated learning, trust me, it is.

And just putting on my list to-do here:

1) EUP501 - Engineering Management's Assignment (20%) - due in Week 6
2) EAP585- Solid and Hazardous Waste Management (15%)'s Assignment and Presentation - due in Week 6
3) EAP584 - Environmental Impact Assessment's Project (20%) - 3rd October
4) EAP584 - EIA's Assignment - 3rd October

0 Comments