Browsing through my Facebook profile and my *incredibly* ridiculous statuses, I've realized something. I've changed a lot. From that girl who would post *almost* everything on Facebook, to the girl who has her own mind in certain thing, and wants her mind to be benefited.

And by almost everything, I mean...

" I wanna look good in skinny jeans and high-heeled boots"

Like seriously? I feel like slapping myself already.

Moving on from that *horrible* embarassing past.

Well, everyone grows, into something that they had never realized they'd fit. I believe, no one really changes, we just mature with time, and we kinda forget our phase of 'joget'ing, or gelak guling-guling. We put those chapters out of our lives, realising, we're not as innocent as we once were, as time and experience molded us into someone who think too seriously, have that stern face, and forget that laughter is indeed the best medicine.

We forget about being happy. We put fences and doors around our hearts and lock them tightly, because we have been hurt before, maybe by someone who we once cared for so much. Only a few people are let into our lives, because we're too afraid. Too afraid of getting hurt once again.

I am one of those people.

But have I really lost my innocence? Have I lost the ability to give? Have I lost the ability to love and be happy?

I think those experiences have shaped us, into something, but we opted for that something.

Either to give or shut ourselves from the world.
Either to be grateful or wallow ourselves in self-pity.
Either to love or lock that love in us.

Experience is a medium. If only we can always remember the purpose of life itself. Be a caliph (make the world a better place) and be a servant (make yourself a better person inside out).

Be happy, be open.
Spread happiness and be open.
Love.

1 Comments

  1. A heartwarming post.
    So simple yet so directed :)

    I can't help but to agree.

    We are not afraid to love.
    We are just afraid of getting hurt.

    Beautifully written.

    It takes a beautiful heart to write all these.

    ReplyDelete