My mama used to say, just accept everything in life as they are,
Then you'll be much happier with lesser expectation.

For years I've been living with those words stuck in my head.
Just accepting and trying to look further into the most invisible worth in every being.
So when I met you, I accepted you as how you are,
Little boy with lips so black, smeared with love oils,
Kissing my forehead with promises that have not been kept to a million other girls,
He put them in their place, his words.

Oh little boy how immature you are,
Finding love from saps and honeyed lips of youthful girls,
Killing their innocence and their bright eyes full of hopes,
Irony when you search for love, by killing it to death.

Little boy little boy with a heart full of knives,
Hurting other hearts to get back to the start.

Mama mama,
How can I accept myself when I can't see my worth being decently respected by the little boy that ought to be accepted?


0 Comments