I'm entering the one-week holiday period. It sure does feel good to have a break after 7 weeks having my head stuffed in with all sorts of things. Well, I'm not here to talk about my break though.

Honestly, people, I find it annoying and unfair when a girl has all the attention that she doesn't deserve just because of her pretty face. I really don't know who to blame. Is it the crowd? Is it the girl herself? The most obvious example is a singer (generally) who knows NOTHING about singing. Her voice is autotuned. Her music might be good but any other person can do it better than her. But wow, she's popular. She has a silver platinum whatsoever-ish. Erghh, please people, stop being so discriminative will you? You give her all the attention, yet this not-so-pretty, girl is TRYING TO GET YOUR ATTENTION with her ever-beautiful voice.

Maybe that's why I dislike Jessica SNSD. She always gets the spotlight. Okay, moving on.

Well, what I'm trying to say is, pretty girls need to prove themselves. Tell the world and prove it (to people like me) that they're worth the attention. In other words, they're also SEEKING the attention that people happen to give. And the world needs to START CARING to the people who seek for the spotlight. Not to the people who are lucky enough to have it.

Okay, that's one issue about beauty. One more thing is beauty pageants.

Beauty pageants are about beautiful girls who want to change the world. I don't believe that, sister. If you win, you're going to go on a tour around the world to spread the faith that you have. You tell people that "you're beautiful" but you got a plastic surgery for yourself. Faith. Wow, I'm not trying to ridicule your faith. Not once have I ever thought of that, but sisters, if to hold onto your faith requires you to have a photo shoot in bikinis, maybe there are other options to do so.

To be honest, I'm ever grateful if I am pretty. I like to stare at pretty girls. I used to like watching beauty pageants. I even stayed up to cheer for Miss Russia (or is it Miss Korea? I'm not sure). But there are things that pretty girls should do to prove themselves and when I said proving themselves, I meant proving themselves in the right way. You want to be famous. You want to be spectacular. But don't just rely on your outer beauty. Give people something nice to remember when you've died. They won't be remembering your pretty face. They'll heart your pretty heart, they'll love your effort in becoming the best. And that's what ALL OF US should do.

Go GIRLS!

p/s : It's kind of a nasty post isn't it?


1 Comments

  1. you yourelf like to stare at pretty girls. so who to blame? haha

    ReplyDelete